Tuesday, November 20, 2012

VTech Safe & Sound Video and Audio Baby Monitor Review

I have always wanted a video baby monitor so I could watch my little one even when I was not in the same room.  Little did I know that a video baby monitor can have so many more features than just video.  That is, until I received the VTech VM321 Video & Audio Monitor to review.



The VTech Safe & Sound VM321 Video & Audio Monitor has all of the following amazing features:
  • Six level sound indicator and Vibrating Sound Alert
  • Temperature Sensor
  • Talk-Back Intercom System
  • Ability to play 5 different lullabies on the camera unit
  •  Adjustable Camera Angle and Zoom the camera from the parent unit
  • Camera has option of using plugged in or with AA batteries and parent unit can be used plugged in or unplugged as it has a rechargeable battery with low battery alert.
  • Night Viewing (Automatically senses light to turn on the night vision when needed)
  • Split Screen Capability (supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one parent unit)
  • High Resolution 2.8'' Color LCD with 320x240 full color display and full motion video up to 22 frames per second
  • Wall Mount Bracket
  • 2.4 GHZ Frequency and extended range up to 1,000 feet
 
The Dirty Truth is we have been testing out this monitor for a few weeks and absolutely love it.  I do not know why we waited so long to get a video monitor when you can buy one with so many great features.  I think I have used so many audio monitors that are not clear and give you the white noise that I figured a video monitor would also have such issues - only with the video.  I was pleasantly surprised that this is a video monitor with a clear picture and amazing sound quality - we have not had a single issue with any white noise, fuzzy pictures, etc.  I absolutely love that I can zoom in on my little one to get a close look at her without having to go upstairs, or if she gets upset and I can't make it up there immediately I can turn on a lullaby from the parent unit (viewing screen) or even speak to her through it and she will hear me from the speaker on the camera.  One of my favorite things about this monitor is the temperature sensor.  My husband is always cold so he thinks she is too - it is nice to be able to check the exact temperature where she is and it has always been accurate!  If you are debating on buying one I can definitely tell you this monitor is worth every penny - I will be buying additional cameras so I can keep an eye on the kids playing downstairs and the baby sleeping upstairs all at the same time!  Even my husband loves this product - he said "this is the best product you have ever got for review".  This just may be the best baby monitor on the market.

Here is how I rated each different area (out of 10 stars with 10 being highest):
  • Features --- 10 Stars
    • With a very accurate temperature sensor, lullabies, battery option, intercom,  split screen capability, and sound indicator they have covered all their bases in features).
  • Design ---  9.5 Stars
    • The design makes this monitor very user friendly.  We did not need the manual to figure out how to use any of the features because the design makes it all easy to find.  The monitor looks very sleek and well built.  This also has one of the bigger screens of video monitors on the market.  If I could change one thing it would be the ability of sound on multiple cameras.  While you can see video on up to 4 cameras you cannot switch to hear the sound on each.  Although, it will alert you when sound is detected and which camera the sound was detected at.
  • Sound Quality --- 9.5 Stars
    • The sound quality is amazing on this monitor.  With the 2.4 GHz frequency you may pick up a little interference if you set it too close to other devices on the same frequency but moving it further from those devices should solve the problem.  We however did not experience any problems what so ever and have many other wireless devices in our home.
  • Picture Quality --- 8.5 Stars
    • While no video baby monitors have high definiton quality like televisions this monitor has fairly good clarity with both the daytime and night vision.  The night vision (black and white) is not quite as clear as the color but this is to be expected as with all night vision products. 
  • Overall Rating --- 9.5 Stars
    • If I could sum this video monitor up in a few words it would be quality, features, and a must-have!  This will be a monitor I use well beyond our little one being a baby!

To Buy:  You can purchase the VTech Safe & Sounds Full Color Video and Audio Monitor on Amazon for $56.80



Disclosure:  I was not paid for this review or giveaway.  I was given the above product to review and all opinions are my own.

0 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker

Pageviews last month

Design Credits

Blog designed by
Custom Blog Designs
using Flerg's Appletini Kit and stock image by Elena Sedova

DirtyTruthReviews

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP